What’s your personality or why do you like to do things in a certain way, and find other people odd when they do not seem to react to things the same way you?
It comes down to your personality. this is where you hear people say, “am wired this way or that way” It is the differentiating fact – your personality…..it may not be a clear cut one or the other, but you can also be a combination of two different types of personalities, though one tends to stand out more.
Read on to find out more…….
Method 1 of 3: Introvert or Extrovert
Make your choices. Find out whether you are an introvert or an extrovert. In this section read the lists of the traits of extroverts and introverts. Analyze your choices for each trait and so how does either one fit you?
Extroverts are more likely:
1. Energized in a group: “I create fun at a party!”
2. Forward! “I’m assertive and aggressive!”
3. Driven under stressful emotion by anger
4. Ready to communicate; “I think on my feet.”
5. Talk first “I’ll talk; then I’ll summarize.”
6. Talkative pace of speech, “Pressing on!”
7. Rapidly moving on, “Let’s go!”
8. Share opinions easily, “I’m confident!”
9. Confrontational — “I’m rather decisive!”
10. Impatient listener, “I’ll interject this!”
Introverts are more likely:
- Drained by a group: “I’d talk to a friend.”
- Recessive. “I’m less assertive, non-aggressive.
- Reverting under stress to be cautious.
- Deliberate communicating; “I plan ahead.”
- Talk later, “I’ll clarify it; you summarize.”
- Slower pace of speech, “I’m thorough…”
- Deliberately moving, “Let’s prepare.”
- Reserves opinions, “I’m figuring it out first.”
- Non-confrontational, “I’ll decide thoughtfully.”
- Patient, attentive listener “You finish.”
Method 2 of 3: Task or Relationship Oriented
Find out which you are: task oriented or relationship oriented.
In this section you will find a list of the traits of task oriented people, and relationship oriented people. If you have more task oriented traits you are task oriented. If you have more relationship oriented traits you are relationship oriented.
Task oriented people
- dress more formally
- their topics of speech are current issues and tasks at hand
- their body posture is more rigid
- their facial expression is more controlled
- their general attitude is more to the serious side
- they have controlled and guarded emotions
- they are filled with facts and data.
- They are less interested in small talk
- their decisions are fact based, they are disciplined about time
- they are strict and disciplined about rules
- they are harder to get to know and seem preoccupied.
While Relationship oriented people
- dress more informally
- their topics of speech are people and stories
- their body posture is more relaxed
- their facial expression is more relaxed
- their general attitude is more to the playful side
- they are free to share their emotions
- they are more interested in small talk, decisions are gut based
- they are less disciplined about time
- they are more lenient about rules
- they are easy to get to know and are more carefree
Method 3 of 3: Determine your social style
Are you Melancholy?
If you are an introvert and are more task oriented, you are a Melancholy.
Melancholies are technique specialists.
They are deep and thoughtful, they are the genius prone people. They are driven by a forceful work ethic, and play does not come naturally for them. They tend to be perfectionists and are very organised. They are sensitive to others and are self-sacrificing. They are faithful and devoted friends and have a deep concern for others.
Are you Choleric?
If you are an extrovert and more task oriented, you are a Choleric.
Cholerics are control specialists.
They are born leaders they are dynamic and active and have a compulsive need for change. They take pleasure in almost any kind of work because it involves activity. They desire to control and master everything they do. They are independent and seem to be able to run anything. They are usually right and excel in emergencies.
Are you Phlegmatic?
If you are an introvert and are more relationship oriented you are a Phlegmatic.
Phlegmatics are support specialists.
They are very likable people who support others. They have a low key personality and are easy-going and relaxed. They keep their emotions hidden and are patient and well-balanced. They are sympathetic and kind and promote harmony. They are easy to get along with and are pleasant and enjoyable. They have a dry sense of humor so it is very fun to be around them. They are peaceful and agreeable.
Are you Sanguine?
If you are an extrovert and are more relationship oriented you are a Sanguine.
Sanguines are social specialists.
Sanguines are the ideal people person, because they love to be around people and talk to them. They are very impulsive people who love to socialize. They like to try new and different things. They like to live for the here and now they are friendly, giving, and easy-going. They are the life of the party and have a good sense of humor. They are very curious and never seem to grow up. They make friends easily, and are very fun to be around.
Article source: http://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Your-Personality